Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Imperial Palace Deep Vaults 1

Few know how deep the vaults of the Imperial Palace truly go. The Vaults of Terra go deeper than the tallest spires of the Palace rise into the air. Deep bellow the shimmering edifices of the greatest fortress of humankind there are terrors beyond imagining as well as wonders that would save the Imperium of Mankind if they were know. Many of these things have been lost and forgotten in chambers sealed by collapsed tunnels, both deliberate and accidental. During the Siege of Terra the access to many of the wonders and horrors were deliberately sealed by both loyalists and traitors alike to prevent their use. Many of the secrets of what lay beneath the Palace were lost with the death of those who knew of their existence. There are many who seek to bring these secrets to light and many who would see them stay lost.




I wanted to make my zone mortalis tiles gritty and dark to represent the deepest levels of the Imperial Palace I wanted them as dark as the Palace above them was gleaming. These represent levels that have hand abandoned since the Siege of Terra. I used a lot of materials that I have been meaning to use for texturing, such as spackle. I really like how it turned out. I mainly plan to use it as a background for photographing my miniatures, but I also plan to use it in games of Kill Team. Here are some wip shots.





2 comments: