Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Tales of the Red Crusade

                     ++The Threat Below++ 
                                              +
"The world of men is dreaming, it has gone mad in its sleep, a snake is strangling it and it can't wake."
-Magus of the Sons of the Abyss
                                              +
"Unless sin is swiftly obliterated by seeking the Emperor's forgiveness it grows from a worm into a snake that gnaws at the heart."
-Bartholamus Nursi, Prophet of the Crimson Sigil

                                              +

Where is there freedom from the threat of the xenos, heretic and daemonic to be found in His Empire? Surely Holy Terra, seat of His power and the birthplace of humanity? No.
Nowhere in His holy realm is safe from His enemies. I have hunted dire threats to the Empire for more than a century now and there is no sanctuary to be found from such threats. Even on Holy Terra there are more threats than Inquisitors, by a wide margin.

Inquisitor Legatus Augustus Tiberius Vollmer


++0 123 762 M39
I have been on the trail of the Sons of the Abyss for several months now and have found precious few leads on their origins or current base of operations. I have tracked their source back to the planet Necromunda through a series of shipping logs spread across several planets within the Segmentum Solar. My agents within Primus Hive tell me of a cult of the same name in the hive town of Dust Falls and it is doubtful that is a coincidence. Though on the surface they worship the "Emperor of the Stars" there is something unwholesome in their portrayal of Him. Further investigation is needed. ++

                                              +
++0 123 762 M39
I'm getting closer. I've identified several safehouses within the Midafrik Hive that appear to be muster points for the Sons of the Abyss. I've placed several operatives within their organization, though as of yet I have received no reports.++

"The dreamer is mad and does not wake."

++0 124 762 M39
I have trouble sleeping. Fear grips me like a neophyte. I have faced countless heretics and cults dedicated to the daemonic, but I have seen nothing to compare to the devotion shown within the Sons. They have an ability to convert and inspired fidelity like I have never seen. All my agents are either dead or have turned upon me. I fear I have become hunted by my own prey.++

No comments:

Post a Comment